Please be assured that your team at Loftin Veterinary Hospital is working to keep our clients and employees safe and healthy during this time of unprecedented crisis. Our team is working tirelessly to keep your furry friends healthy during this time.
NOTICE TO OUR CLIENTS: To ensure the safety of our clients and staff alike, we have moved to curbside/drop-off appointments and procedures effective immediately. Our process will be as follows:
- Please call us when you are in the parking lot of the hospital for your pet’s scheduled appointment.
- A staff member will come out and bring your pet into the clinic for diagnosis and treatment.
- Dr. Loftin will communicate with you by phone for additional history, diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
- Except for end-of-life care, clients will not have access to our facilities but may stay on-site in their cars.
- Scheduled drop-off pet visits can be made for exams, blood work or other testing. The same intake and discharge procedures detailed above will occur.
- Drive up to pick up medications and food: We can bring medications and food to your car.
- In order to minimize direct contact time, we can process payments over the phone and minimizing cash and check transactions when possible.
We appreciate your understanding and invite you to give us a call with any concerns or questions you may have at 337-856-8080. Thank you for your continued support and patience as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Loftin Veterinary Hospital
Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Saturday closed through April 12th
Phones turned on at 8:00
Appointments are preferred, and walk-ins are welcome.
For over 20 years, Loftin Veterinary Hospital has served the Youngsville, Lafayette, and Broussard communities. The doors of LVH were open long before Ernest Gallet Elementary, Sugar Mill Pond and Fieldcrest subdivisions, and the numerous grocery stores and restaurants that now grace our bustling city. In 1997, Dr. William Loftin, Jr. proudly founded Loftin Veterinary Hospital. The first patient to walk through the door was Wilbur, a pot-bellied pig. Since that time, his family has grown, his building has grown, and staff faces have changed. However, his business goal has remained simple and constant: provide the best veterinary medical care to his patients and provide the best possible customer service to his clients.
LVH offers high-quality preventive care, diagnostic care, and surgical procedures to keep dogs and cats healthy and happy. What sets Dr. Loftin and his team apart is their ability to provide the most modern veterinary medical care with an old-fashioned, common-sense approach often lacking in modern medicine. Communication and education are priorities, and clients are given choices in treatment plans to help their dogs and cats live a more complete and healthy life.
If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
Learn About Our Boarding Services
We’ve Been Caring For Pets For Over 20 Years
Now, as an adult, we have our own pup, Remi. She has seen Dr. Michel (spelling?) twice. We absolutely love him and his patience with her.
Today, we had a visit for a heartworm test, a preventative, nail trim, and general exam. Remi is a super anxious dog due to previous experiences well before we adopted.
He was happy to get her the medication she needs to help relieve some of her anxiety and treat what we think is a little skin infection. Dr. Michel showed so much kindness and love toward our girl, and already we can see a HUGE difference in her little nervous ticks.
Thank you guys! And for anyone reading, we won’t trust any other veterinarian with the care of our ‘little’ 65-lb girl.”