At Loftin Veterinary Hospital, we strive to equip our pet parents with all the resources they need to become confident pet owners. Education helps you, the pet owner, make healthier and wiser decisions for the benefit of your beloved pets.
We Love Dogs of All Shapes and Sizes
We Are Crazy About Cats
What About After-Hours Emergencies?
Oh No! It’s midnight and your dog is sick! What do you do? Don’t panic because the Lafayette area has excellent emergency veterinary care. We wag our tails for Lafayette Animal Emergency Clinic. If fact, we forward all calls to this clinic after normal business hours. We will receive a full report the morning after your visit. Some of our awesome veterinary technicians moonlight with Lafayette Animal Emergency Clinic, so don’t be surprised if you see them during your visit.
206 Winchester Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70506
Pet Emergency Evacuation Kit
Unfortunately, hurricanes are a way of life in the Lafayette area. Preparation helps reduce panic, so know what you need in advance. A pet emergency evacuation kit should contain the following items:
Food, Water, and Medicine
- Food (3-7 day supply of dry or canned food with a bowl)
- Water (7-day supply of water with a bowl)
- Medicine (2-week supply of prescription medications)
First Aid Supplies
- Antidiarrheal liquid or tablets
- Antibiotic ointment
- Bandage, tape, and scissors
- Flea and tick prevention
- Cotton bandages
- Alcohol prep pads
- Paper towels, newspaper, and trash bags
- Chlorine bleach
- Identification papers
- Vaccination and medical records
- Emergency contact list including Loftin Veterinary Hospital
- Labeled crate or pet taxi
- Collar with ID tags
- Flashlight with extra batteries